Sunday, January 8, 2012

This week.

What to write, what to write...

A couple of hours ago Michael walked up the stairs and stopped mid-step and turned around. He had an apple core in his and and said "I just about threw my apple core into the toilet!" I guess he was on his way to the garbage but somehow headed upstairs to the bathroom instead.

Michael has been so cute with Layla this week. I came down this morning when she woke up and Mike was on the couch and the first thing he wanted was a hug and kiss for Layla. He is truly an affectionate little boy. He constantly wants to be close to us and give hugs and kisses. He's getting big but it reminds me that he is still a little boy. I know it will end all too soon. I hope I can cherrish his sweet hugs and kisses forever.

Little Layla said "thank you" after Nursery today. I wasn't there to hear it but both Saylor and Daddy said she waved bye to the Nursery leaders and then said "thank you". Layla is my sweet little baby. She follows me around everywhere and has to know where mom is. I have to admit that she gets plastered with kisses everyday. She bares it patiently. She still wants to sleep with mom. It is very difficult for me to sleep with her there but it is also unbelievably heavenly. She doesn't just want me to be there she wants to either touch me with her feet or her little hands. A couple of nights ago she laid her sweet hand right on my cheek and just breathed her baby breath on me. I just watched her sleep and just could not get the word "lovely" out of my mind. Jeremy and I are delighted with her emerging personality and we often comment to each other that she is just as wild as the rest. She runs around the house with her siblings and seems to know how to play with them especially Eowyn. They are already good playmates.

Eowyn is very concerned with others. Whenever Layla cries she always tries to help but it usually just frustrates me more because Layla doesn't want help from Eowyn. Still I view her deep concern for others as a great quality. She will often say prayers that her Daddy will not have his headache anymore. I had the hiccups at dinner tonight so Eowyn got out of her chair and came over to mine and asked me if making silly faces would help with my hiccups. She proceeded to make silly faces at me. It was pretty cute. Luckily Jeremy gave me some water at the same time and so her "silly faces" actually worked. Eowyn is VERY demanding right now but she is so adorable that it evens itslef out plus she says the funniest things you've ever heard. I absolutely LOVE her laugh and can't help but laugh with her when she cracks up.

Saylor had a spelling bee this week for her class. She said she was like the 5th one left when she got out. She was so pleased with herself and I am pleased too. She spelled the word "ROAD" and it was actually "RODE" bummer! Since her birthday when she got her Ipod touch she is constantly on that thing. In some ways I am regretting her having it but I know she loves it. Tonight as we did family scripture study she whipped her Ipod out and flipped through her files and found the verses we were on in no time. I was quite amazed. Saylor LOVES to read and I often have to threaten to take away her book if she doesn't do "x". I am secretly (or not very secretly) very happy for her love of books.

Jerry and I went to his work party at a steakhouse on Saturday night. We have never been to his work parties together before and we had a great time. I think he works with very interesting and optimistic people. They were nice enough to invite Jeremy because he doesn't actually work with them on their team but everyone we chatted with was so welcoming and professional. It was just really fun to see Jeremy among his peers. It was nice to be able to spend alone time with my sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment